Saturday, September 18, 2010

WhatAbouts

I went to Veterans last Wednesday (obviously, I didn't make it last Tuesday) after dealing with some errands on my 'formal attire' finally, they let me signed the application form. After that, I took the entrance exam. The first set was SO easy. BrandName, GenericName, Indication - Chicken! But my fingers froze with the second set - COMPUTATION. Ew, I'm poor at computing dose and everything about numbers.. and I wished that I just disappeared when I saw the question at the third set - ESSAY! Okay. Hospital Pharmacist IS really a tough one. After hunting the answers at the last two set, I observed the scenes around me.

There's a man behind me typing and typing at his computer..hmmm my previous prof was at the corner cubicle talking to someone. There are a lot of pharmacist doing pharmacy-thing on the other half side of the room. Various people come in and out of the room. They'll talk, smile, laugh and bid goodbye to everyone and before leaving the room will smirked at me.. and I'll just nod them with a smile. Before I realized something, UWIAN na pala. A woman with a respectable uniform approached me and get my paper..

"We'll just call you, since our head pharmacy is not here"

I stood up and bid goodbye to her and also to my prof.

So that's it? I walked helplessly out of that room and saw a strong rain outside. I sit at the stair near the lobby and waited till my strength came back to me...

"this is bad news: we'll call you" I said to myself.

I really felt like crying but that doesn't help any of the current situation now. After the rain, I stood up and decided to continue my life.

'dod papunta palang ako ortigas'

I remembered my agenda for that day. It's Pulong Day with my cousins. That thought fueled me. I left my frustrations at the vicinity of Manila and as soon as I entered Cardona, life again became simple..

I saw that wonderful view again.. sea, trees, island.. collectively known as HAPPINESS.


No comments: